T.E.A.M.S. – 2018 Spring Program
TEAMS is a lifelong learning program offered to students 60 years of age and older. TEAMS classes are non-credit. There are no test, grades, or papers to write! The program will include talented instructors, college professors, and business leaders with categorical experience. The sheer joy of learning something new, and becoming more informed is the goal of T.E.A.M.S participants.
Introduction:Students must register for the entire Spring 2018 program for $60.00. Students will be able to select which classes they would like to attend by calling the Center for Workplace Learning. Take one class, or take them all!
BOOK, MOVIE AND THEATRE- TRIFECTA!Join us for a fun, relaxed literary conversation hosted by Lisa Hebert, our energetic and outgoing Head Librarian. TEAMS members will experience reading a book or play, as well as attend a local theatre performance in coordination with Sherman Community Players and Grayson College performances, as well as view any film associated with the book titles.
- Wednesday, January 31st, 2018 at 1:00pm - meeting to distribute schedule and materials
- Classes will meet on pre-scheduled Wednesdays at 1:00pm in the CWL.
PROFESSOR LECTURE SERIESHear from a few of Grayson’s best presenting professors sharing their love of knowledge on their favorite subjects. These presentations have been TEAMS participant’s favorites! All classes are hosted in the CWL building.
- "The Terrible 1850s" with Dr Matt Hamilton, Tuesdays - February 6, 13, 20, 27 at 3:00pm
- A Streetcar Named Desire with Professor Kellie Matherly, Thursdays - March 8, 22, 29 and April 5 at 1:00pm
- Show and Tell, Tuesdays, April 10, 17, 24, May 1 at 2:00pm
TELLING OUR STORIESLearn to write your autobiography or family history, one story at a time. Veteran instructors, Jerry Lincecum and Peggy Redshaw, will be facilitating their program Telling Our Stories (TOS). By reminiscing in response to simple questions and converting memories into short narratives, the participants begin to record their family history
- Wednesdays, February 7, 21, March 7, 28, April 11, 25 - 10am - 12:00pm, $10 book fee.
THEATRE PRODUCTIONS AND ART SHOWS
- TO BE ANNOUNCED, faculty are in the midst of coordinating their schedules.
- Grayson College's vibrant art program is enhanced through a busy schedule of exhibits, artist receptions, and events.
- Grayson College's Theatre Department will offer two performances this Spring. They will take place at the end of February and in April.
- The GC Music department is an active member in the community and works with several arts and educational institutions with the shared foal of providing musical opportunities for the people of Grayson County.
- TOURS TO BE ANNOUNCED! Transportation provided- details to follow.