T.E.A.M.S. – 2017 Fall Program
TEAMS is a lifelong learning program offered to students 60 years of age and older. TEAMS classes are non-credit. There are no test, grades, or papers to write! The program will include talented instructors, college professors, and business leaders with categorical experience. The sheer joy of learning something new, and becoming more informed is the goal of T.E.A.M.S participants.
Introduction:Students must register for the entire Spring 2016 program for $60.00. Students will be able to select which classes they would like to attend by calling the Center for Workplace Learning. Take one class, or take them all!
BOOK, MOVIE AND THEATRE- TRIFECTA!Join us for a fun, relaxed literary conversation hosted by Lisa Hebert, our energetic and outgoing Head Librarian. TEAMS members will experience the books, plays and films for SWEENEY TODD, IAN FLEMING, and SPITFIRE GRILL.
- Pick up supplies on September 27th at 1pm in the CWL.
- Discussions begin October 11 through November 15th, meeting each Wednesday from 1pm- 3pm in the CWL.
- SWEENEY TODD at Sherman Community Players, Sunday, October 29th
- SPITFIRE GRILL theatre production at Grayson College, Sunday, November 19th.
- Film presentations: October 18, 25 and November 8 in the CWL Auditorium at 1pm.
- ALL ABOUT GRAYSON’S VITICULTURE & ENOLOGY PROGRAM- Thursday, August 31st, 2pm-4pm at TV Munson Center
- Come learn about Grayson’s unique program offering and learn about various wines.
- *CAKE DECORATING with Lavender Rangel from Flour Child Cakery- Thursday, September 14th, 6:30pm- 8:30pm
- *ELEVATED BREAKFAST Thursday, November 2nd, 5:30pm-7:30pm
- * Seating is limited- Please contact CWL for availability. TEAMS members can choose 1 cooking course to attend.
PROFESSOR LECTURE SERIESHear from a few of Grayson’s best presenting professors sharing their love of knowledge on their favorite subjects. These presentations have been TEAMS participant’s favorites! All classes are hosted in the CWL building.
- The AMERICAN REVOLUTION with Dr. Matt Hamilton: Tuesdays, September 12, 19, 2 from 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- SHAKESPEARE with Kellie Matherly: Thursdays, October 5, 12, 19, 26 from 1pm-3pm
- NOTORIOUS IN HISTORY with Dr. Jennifer Bridges: Tuesdays, November 7, 14, and 21 from 2:30pm-3:30pm
- DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER with Carolyn Villareal: Thursdays, November 9, 16, and 30
TELLING OUR STORIESLearn to write your autobiography or family history, one story at a time. Veteran instructors, Jerry Lincecum and Peggy Redshaw, will be facilitating their program Telling Our Stories (TOS). By reminiscing in response to simple questions and converting memories into short narratives, the participants begin to record their family history
- September 6th, 20th, October 4th, 18th, November 1st and 15th from 1pm-3pm, in CWL. $10 book fee.
THEATRE PRODUCTIONS AND ART SHOWS
- The “Covfefe” Reveal - 2nd Floor Gallery
- Exhibition Dates: August 31 to October 13, 2017, 9am- 3pm
- Circle Mirror Transformation theatre production, Black Box Theatre
- October 6 & 7, 7:30pm or October 8, 2pm matinee
- Van Cliburn Concert - Cruce Stark Auditorium
- September 20th, 7:30pm
- Dia de los Muertos VI- 2nd Floor Gallery
- Exhibition Dates: October 19 to November 10, 2017, 9am- 3pm
- Grayson College Music Department Concert- Cruce Stark Auditorium
- Tuesday, November 21, 7:30pm
- TOURS TO BE ANNOUNCED! Transportation provided- details to follow.