- This event has passed.
Pit & Fissure Sealant
May 4 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$300.00
This course is offered through the Grayson College Dental Assisting Program accredited by CODA and is a TSBDE APPROVED & ACCREDITED COURSE. This course meets the clinical and didactic requirements by the Texas State Board Dental Examiners (TSBDE) to obtain your Pit and Fissure Sealant certificate. Dental Assistants must have two (2) years of experience. Special attention is given to hands-on instruction. (8 hrs)
- Education in infection control
- Management and treatment of medical emergencies
- Ethics and jurisprudence of sealant application
- Application techniques of pit and fissure sealants and sealant products
Notes: Registered students will receive an email 2 weeks prior to class start date. If the student does not bring all of the required supplies to class, they will be dismissed from class and re-register for the next available date. Students must bring the following items to class:
- Six (6) sterilized caries-free teeth (premolars/molars) mounted in stone
- Consent for treatment (form in packet) from DDS stating which teeth can be sealed on you, the participant or eligible patient. Please note teeth numbers and surfaces.
- Sterile pack containing: mouth mirror, cotton pliers, two (2) caries detecting explorers (shepherd’s hook), articulating paper holder and articulating paper
- One (1) sterilized finishing bur (small round shape)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste for participant
- Protective eyewear
- One (1) large unused sterilization bag for instrument return
- Scrubs or casual attire is appropriate for class
Review the supply list carefully to ensure that you will have all appropriate materials for the clinical portion of the course.
Oral surgeons are good sources for the teeth mounted in stone. The teeth are available to purchase through Grayson College at $100.00 per set, no later than end of business the Tuesday before class. If teeth are not prepared or purchased prior to class, the student will be scheduled for the next available date.
Ever wonder who’s working those critically important anti-missile defense systems? Well, wonder no more! Michael Luck, Denison native, Army Veteran, and Grayson College graduate, has his eyes on the skies for you. Luck’s route to this certainly niche role was paved with hard work and seized opportunities. Luck graduated from Denison High School in 2011 and joined the Army […]
“It was a long time coming,” reflected 28-year-old Nathan Elliott, on the subject of earning his high school diploma. Yet Elliott, who dropped out of high school 12 years ago, actually set a blistering pace for his educational accomplishments. Elliott graduated for the second time from Grayson College on May 10 with his second Associate of Applied Science degree in […]