Pit & Fissure Sealant
May 4 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$300.00
This course is offered through the Grayson College Dental Assisting Program accredited by CODA and is a TSBDE APPROVED & ACCREDITED COURSE. This course meets the clinical and didactic requirements by the Texas State Board Dental Examiners (TSBDE) to obtain your Pit and Fissure Sealant certificate. Dental Assistants must have two (2) years of experience. Special attention is given to hands-on instruction. (8 hrs)
- Education in infection control
- Management and treatment of medical emergencies
- Ethics and jurisprudence of sealant application
- Application techniques of pit and fissure sealants and sealant products
Notes: Registered students will receive an email 2 weeks prior to class start date. If the student does not bring all of the required supplies to class, they will be dismissed from class and re-register for the next available date. Students must bring the following items to class:
- Six (6) sterilized caries-free teeth (premolars/molars) mounted in stone
- Consent for treatment (form in packet) from DDS stating which teeth can be sealed on you, the participant or eligible patient. Please note teeth numbers and surfaces.
- Sterile pack containing: mouth mirror, cotton pliers, two (2) caries detecting explorers (shepherd’s hook), articulating paper holder and articulating paper
- One (1) sterilized finishing bur (small round shape)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste for participant
- Protective eyewear
- One (1) large unused sterilization bag for instrument return
- Scrubs or casual attire is appropriate for class
Review the supply list carefully to ensure that you will have all appropriate materials for the clinical portion of the course.
Oral surgeons are good sources for the teeth mounted in stone. The teeth are available to purchase through Grayson College at $100.00 per set, no later than end of business the Tuesday before class. If teeth are not prepared or purchased prior to class, the student will be scheduled for the next available date.
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) has awarded two individual grants: a $1,194,889 Skills Development Fund grant to Grayson College in partnership with Fisher Controls International LLC, GlobiTech Inc., Presco Polymers L.P., Renlita Custom Opening Solutions and Tyson Fresh Meats Inc. and a $100,000 High Demand Jobs Training (HDJT) grant to Workforce Solutions Texoma. These grants will benefit workers in […]
It began just five years ago. Sarah Dilling attended the Grayson College Summer Youth Programs’ Cooking Camp and fell in love with cooking. Today at age 19, Sarah has earned the Bronze Medal in the American Culinary Federation’s Student Chef of the Year Central Region competition held on March 31 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. And the competition was no joke. […]