17th Annual Law Enforcement Forensics Conference
Sponsored by The Texoma Regional Police Academy, the Grayson College Criminal Justice Department, and Career and Technology Education (CTE) at Denison High School.
- 8:00 – Registration and Welcome – Hon. Joseph D. Brown, Former United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Texas; Mr. Bill Dixon, Director, Texoma Regional Police Academy – attendance requirements, upcoming training, and what’s new at TRPA
- 9:00 – 10:30 – Lt. Dave Nabors, Rowlett Police Department (retired), Introduction to Bloodstain Pattern Analysis
- 10:30 -11:30 - Mr. Vikram Dhamu, Doctoral Student of Bioengineering, University of Texas at Dallas, Cannabisen C: Rapid, On-Road, Saliva Platform for Detecting THC
- 11:30 - 1:00 – LUNCH ON YOUR OWN
- 1:00 - 3:00 - Det. Jeff Roberts, Tyler Police Department; Electronic Intrusion- Pain at the Pump. The information will be specific to gas pump skimmer investigations i.e.; device identification, investigative tactics, suspect methods, types of money laundering seen, and applicable Penal Code statutes to assist in prosecution.
- 3:00 – 5:00 – Amanda Gibson, M.S. and Deion Christophe, M.S., Plano PD Firearms Examination Unit, Will it NIBIN? Let’s talk about that!
- 5 PM –Closing Remarks
Location & Times
- Thursday, April 29, 2021
- 8am - 5pm
- NEW LOCATION: CRUCE STARK AUDITORIUM, Grayson College
- Free/No Charge