In order to receive a refund, or to withdraw or transfer a class, you must submit your request by email to Tasheena Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org, 7 business days prior to the course start date.
Introduction:This course is offered through the Grayson College Dental Assisting Program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) and is a Texas State Board Dental Examiners (TSBDE) APPROVED & ACCREDITED COURSE. This course meets the clinical and didactic requirements by the TSBDE to obtain your Coronal Polishing certificate. Dental Assistants must have two (2) years of experience. (8 hrs)
Special attention is given to hands-on instruction. This course will cover oral anatomy; tooth morphology; indications, contraindications, & complications; infection control procedures; and jurisprudence relating to coronal polishing.
- Training in using a slow-speed hand piece
- Principles of Coronal Polishing
- Operator & patient positioning, technique & polishing agents
- Polishing coronal surfaces of teeth
Location & Times:Classes are scheduled from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, with check in 8:00 am - 8:30 am. Morning session will be classroom instruction and afternoon session will include laboratory instruction and practice. Saturday classes are held in HS205 and classes on weekdays are held in the CWL Building.
*If interested in training at your location contact our office at 903-463-8765. Group training starts at $3500 per course.
Prior to Class Students MUST:
Participants must bring the following items to class in order to receive certificate:
- Sterile pack containing mouth mirror and shepherd hook explorer.
- One unused sterilization bag for instrument return.
- Protective eyewear.
- Toothbrush for participant.
- Suggested attire will be either scrubs or casual wear with lab coat.