Pit & Fissure Sealant
In order to receive a refund, or if you need to withdraw or transfer classes, you must submit your request by email to Tasheena Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 7 business days prior to the course start date.
IntroductionThis course is offered through the Grayson College Dental Assisting Program accredited by CODA and is a TSBDE APPROVED & ACCREDITED COURSE. This course meets the clinical and didactic requirements by the Texas State Board Dental Examiners (TSBDE) to obtain your Pit and Fissure Sealant certificate. Dental Assistants must have two (2) years of experience. Special attention is given to hands-on instruction. (8 hrs)
- Education in infection control
- Management and treatment of medical emergencies
- Ethics and jurisprudence of sealant application
- Application techniques of pit and fissure sealants and sealant products
Location & TimesClasses are scheduled from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, with check in 8:00 am - 8:30 am. Morning session will be classroom instruction and afternoon session will include laboratory instruction and practice.
*If interested in training at your location contact our office at 903-463-8765. Group training starts at $3500 per course.
MaterialsNotes: Registered students will receive an email 2 weeks prior to class start date. If the student does not bring all of the required supplies to class, they will be dismissed from class and re-register for the next available date. Students must bring the following items to class:
- Six (6) sterilized caries-free teeth (premolars/molars) mounted in stone
- Consent for treatment (form in packet) from DDS stating which teeth can be sealed on you, the participant or eligible patient. Please note teeth numbers and surfaces.
- Sterile pack containing: mouth mirror, cotton pliers, two (2) caries detecting explorers (shepherd's hook), articulating paper holder and articulating paper
- One (1) sterilized finishing bur (small round shape)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste for participant
- Protective eyewear
- One (1) large unused sterilization bag for instrument return
- Scrubs or casual attire is appropriate for class