License to Carry a Handgun (LTC)
In order to receive a refund, or if you need to withdraw or transfer classes, you must submit your request by email to Tasheena Taylor at email@example.com, at least 7 business days prior to the course start date.
Please do not bring guns into the CWL.
Introduction:Our License to Carry (LTC) classes are Saturday classes with the classroom session and the firearm proficiency demonstration being conducted on the same day. The content of the course is set by the Texas Department of Public Safety, as is the course length, 6 hours.
The classroom portion of the course includes:
- (I) The application process
- (II) License restrictions and rules
- (III) Non-violent dispute resolution
- (IV) Rights of citizens involving the use of force and their restrictions and
- (V) Safe handling and storage of firearms. At completion of the course, you will be issued the State required Handgun Proficiency Certificate (Form CHL-100).
For the handgun proficiency demonstration:You will shoot a timed course of fire consisting of 50 rounds fired at a 24"x 45" silhouette target. 20 rounds are fired from the 3-yard line, 20 rounds are fired from the 7-yard line and the remaining 10 rounds are fired from the 15-yard line. All firing is highly supervised. Please wear comfortable clothing, a baseball cap and close-toed shoes. You will also need to provide ammunition (100 Rounds). For qualification you can use either a semi-automatic or a revolver. No single shot pistols can be used to qualify. Texas LTC Eligibility - Click here for additional info: http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/InternetForms/Forms/CHL-16.pdf
Location & Times:
- Class meets on a Saturday, from 8:00am - 2:00pm
- Center for Workplace Learning (Seminar A)
- Eye & Over the Ear protection (electronic hearing protection is strongly recommended)
- Serviceable handgun of at least .22lr or larger
- Serviceable holster (Concealment is OK, No Ankle or Purse Holsters)
- Maximum of 2 serviceable magazines
- 100 rounds of ammo for the days – factory service type (no reloads)
- Suitable range wear depending on the season and a baseball caps - No open toe shoes