Mental Health Technician
APPLY HERE for a scholarship including credentialing exams valued at $675!
Requests for course withdrawals, refunds, or transfers must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, 7 business days prior to the course start date.
At this time, we are only accepting enrollment requests through the scholarship application linked above. If you do not wish to apply for a scholarship and want to pay for the course directly, please email us at email@example.com for further instructions.
IntroductionThe Mental Health Technician (Psychiatric Aide/Technician) prepares students to work with individuals with psychiatric or substance use disorders following physician instructions and hospital procedures. Psychiatric aides and Mental Health Technicians observe and record patient behavior and present findings to counselors, nurses, and other professional staff. They intervene in crisis situations, actively moderate client behavior, and assist with feeding, moving, and dressing patients as well as personal hygiene and activities of daily living. Students will learn mental disorders, universal precautions, vital signs, observation and charting patient behavior, preventative management of aggressive behavior, patient rights, confidentiality, hygiene, and communication. Potential work opportunities include:
- Aides within inpatient/outpatient psychiatric facilities,
- Day treatment centers,
- Counseling centers, and
- Rehabilitation facilities.
Location, Dates, & Times:
- Mental Health Tech
- Workforce Success Skills: February 27/March 2, 2023 5:30p-8:30p, Grayson College CWL
- Training Program: March 7 - May 11, 2023
- $599 - Tuition includes required textbook/ workbook and certification exam preparation material.
- Tuition does NOT include a $175 certification exam fee.
- High school diploma or GED/high school equivalency. No prior training/certification required.