Interested in our next Pharm Tech course? Let us know by clicking HERE.
Requests for course withdrawals, refunds, or transfers must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, 7 business days prior to the course start date.
Introduction:This comprehensive course prepares you to enter this ever-growing field and to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board National exam. Operating under the supervision of a registered pharmacist, a pharmacy technician works in hospitals, home infusion pharmacies, community pharmacies and other health care settings.
- Medical terminology specific to the pharmacy
- History of pharmacy and pharmacy practice in multiple environments
- The "Top 200 Drugs"
- Reading and interpreting prescriptions and defining drugs by generic and brand names
- Learn dosage calculations, drug classifications, intravenous flow rates, drug compounding, dose conversions, dispensing prescriptions, inventory control, and billing and reimbursement
- Learn aseptic technique, the handling of sterile products, and total parental nutrition (TPN).
- Full disclosure of all criminal and State Board of Pharmacy registration or licensure actions
Location, Dates, & Times:
- Pharmacy Tech Training Program
- Workforce Success Skills: August 30/Sept 1, 2022, 5:30p-8:30p
- Training Program: September 6 - December 8, 2022
- Hybrid- Tuesdays/Thursdays, 5:30p-8:30p
- Health Science building, Irma Blackburn Auditorium
- $999 includes tuition and textbook. Exam fees are not included.