In order to receive a refund, or if you need to withdraw or transfer classes you must submit your request to Sheena Taylor via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, 7 business days prior to the course start date.
Introduction:This comprehensive course prepares you to enter this ever-growing field and to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board National exam. Operating under the supervision of a registered pharmacist, a pharmacy technician works in hospitals, home infusion pharmacies, community pharmacies and other health care settings.
- Medical terminology specific to the pharmacy
- History of pharmacy and pharmacy practice in multiple environments
- The "Top 200 Drugs"
- Reading and interpreting prescriptions and defining drugs by generic and brand names
- Learn dosage calculations, drug classifications, intravenous flow rates, drug compounding, dose conversions, dispensing prescriptions, inventory control, and billing and reimbursement
- Learn aseptic technique, the handling of sterile products, and total parental nutrition (TPN).
- Full disclosure of all criminal and State Board of Pharmacy registration or licensure actions
Location & Times:
- June 16 - August 11, 2020
- HYBRID course - class will meet one night a week, with additional work being required online
- Tuesday 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Main Campus, HS 213
- All individuals will wear face coverings (over the nose and mouth). Students will be provided a mask.
- Screen all individuals before coming into the classroom or laboratory
- All individuals will wash or sanitize their hands upon entering the classroom or laboratory
- All individuals will maintain at least 6 feet separation from other individuals
- Classrooms and any touched surfaces, such as doorknobs, tables, chairs, and restrooms and will be cleaned and disinfected on a daily basis
- $999 includes tuition and textbook. Exam fees are not included.