Requests for course withdrawals, refunds, or transfers must be submitted by email to email@example.com, 7 business days prior to the course start date.
Introduction:This comprehensive course prepares you to enter this ever-growing field and to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board National exam. Operating under the supervision of a registered pharmacist, a pharmacy technician works in hospitals, home infusion pharmacies, community pharmacies and other health care settings.
- Medical terminology specific to the pharmacy
- History of pharmacy and pharmacy practice in multiple environments
- The "Top 200 Drugs"
- Reading and interpreting prescriptions and defining drugs by generic and brand names
- Learn dosage calculations, drug classifications, intravenous flow rates, drug compounding, dose conversions, dispensing prescriptions, inventory control, and billing and reimbursement
- Learn aseptic technique, the handling of sterile products, and total parental nutrition (TPN).
- Full disclosure of all criminal and State Board of Pharmacy registration or licensure actions
Location & Times:
- Mandatory Workforce Success Skills Course: August 24 - September 2, 2021
- Face to face meeting: August 24, 26, 31
- CWL Computer Lab
- Pharmacy Tech: September 7–December 7, 2021
- HYBRID - face-to-face classroom instruction with online activities
- Tuesday & Thursday
- 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Health Sciences Irma Blackburn Auditorium
- On May 10, 2021, Grayson College entered Phase 3 of its Return to Campus Plan, and on June 1, 2021, Grayson College is expected to enter Phase 4 of its Return to Campus Plan. Updates on COVID-19 protocols and the College's operating status can be found here
- $999 includes tuition and textbook. Exam fees are not included.