In order to receive a refund, or if you need to withdraw or transfer classes you must submit your request to Sheena Taylor via email at email@example.com, 7 business days prior to the course start date.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Introduction:This comprehensive course prepares you to enter this ever-growing field and to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board National exam. Operating under the supervision of a registered pharmacist, a pharmacy technician works in hospitals, home infusion pharmacies, community pharmacies and other health care settings.
- Medical terminology specific to the pharmacy
- History of pharmacy and pharmacy practice in multiple environments
- The "Top 200 Drugs"
- Reading and interpreting prescriptions and defining drugs by generic and brand names
- Learn dosage calculations, drug classifications, intravenous flow rates, drug compounding, dose conversions, dispensing prescriptions, inventory control, and billing and reimbursement
- Learn aseptic technique, the handling of sterile products, and total parental nutrition (TPN).
- Full disclosure of all criminal and State Board of Pharmacy registration or licensure actions
Location & Times:
- February 4, 2020 - May 7, 2020
- HYBRID course - class will meet one night a week, with additional work being required online
- 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Main Campus, HS 213
- $999 includes tuition and textbook. Exam fees are not included.