T.E.A.M.S. – 2019 Spring Program
TEAMS is a lifelong learning program offered to students 60 years of age and older. TEAMS classes are non-credit. There are no test, grades, or papers to write! The program will include talented instructors, college professors, and business leaders with categorical experience. The sheer joy of learning something new, and becoming more informed is the goal of T.E.A.M.S participants.
TRIFECTA- Books, Movies and Theatre productions (THIS CLASS IS FULL)
Class first meets Wednesday, February 6th, 2019 at 1pm-3pm to finalize the schedule, CWL Auditorium.
*Course schedule will be finalized and materials distributed on the first class meeting.Join us for a fun, relaxed literary conversation hosted by Lisa Hebert, our energetic and outgoing Head Librarian. TEAMS members will experience the books, films, and theatre productions through Grayson College Theatre Department and/or Sherman Community Players. Class size is limited, please sign up individually with the CWL by phone or email.
LECTURE SERIESHear from a few of Grayson’s best presenting professors sharing their love of knowledge on their favorite subjects. All classes are hosted in the CWL building.
- SOCIOLOGICAL VIEW OF POP CULTURE with Professor Dr. Sherry Cooke: Mondays, February 11th, 18th, 25th, 1pm- 3pm.
- WHAT’S HAPPENING TEXOMA? with presentations from local community city officials : Tuesdays, March 5th, 19th, 26th, 2pm- 3:30pm.
- THE UNION AND CONFEDERATE HOMEFRONTS DURING THE CIVIL WAR with Professor Dr. Matthew Hamilton: Mondays, April 1st, 8th, and 15th, 1pm- 2:30pm.
- MADE IN TEXOMA with presentations from local business/industry representatives: Thursdays, April 18th, 25th, May 2nd, 2pm- 3:30pm.
TOURING TEXOMATour class sizes are limited due to bus seating, please sign up individually with the CWL.
- NATIONAL VIDEO GAME MUSEUM - February 8, bus departs at 9am, returns by 2pm.
- 903 BREWERS - March 2 at 1pm, meet at 903 Brewers- 1718 S Elm St, Sherman, TX 75090
- DALLAS ARBORETUM AND BOTANICAL GARDENS - March 28, bus departs at 8:30am, returns by 4pm.
- NOBLE RESEARCH INSTITUTE - April 12 (date pending confirmation), bus departs at 9am, returns by 3pm.
- BLUE OSTRICH WINERY & VINEYARD - (THIS TRIP IS FULL) May 3 (date pending confirmation), bus departs at 12pm, returns by 5pm
WRITINGHOW TO WRITE YOUR LIFE STORY, February 6, 20, March 6, 20, April 3, and 17, from 10am-12pm, in CWL. $10 book fee. How to write your autobiography or family history, one story at a time, is something Jerry Lincecum and Peggy Redshaw have been teaching out-of-school adults for 25 years. Their program is called Telling Our Stories (TOS) and what they teach is how to move beyond a family tree or set of genealogical facts to craft stories. By reminiscing in response to simple questions in a workshop format and converting memories into short narratives, the participants begin to record their family history.
ART SHOWS, CONCERTS & THEATRE PERFORMANCES
- Productions and Art Exhibits dates to be announced.